Malcolm Pollard is committed to protecting individual privacy and securing the personal information made available to me when you visit malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites, as well Malcolm Pollard pages on other sites (such as my profiles on social networks).
I will revise or update this policy if my practices change, or as I develop better ways to keep you informed about them. You should refer back to this page often for the latest information and the effective date of any changes. If I decide to change this policy, I will post a new policy on my site and change the date at the bottom. Changes to the policy shall not apply retroactively.
What information do I collect?
- Malcolm Pollard collects personally identifiable information from you when ordering or registering on my site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. For example by completing a “Contact Me” form, signing up for my email list, or leaving a comment, I may use that information to respond to your message and/or to help me get you the information or services you requested. Submitting this personal information (name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.) is voluntary. This information will be retained by Malcolm Pollard.
- a. Please note: If you submit your information to register for a Webinar and/or Live Hangout that is hosted by Malcolm Pollard and a host(s) of another website – the personally identifiable information you provide to attend that webinar and/or live hangout will be shared with and retained by Malcolm Pollard AND the other host(s) of the hangout.
- Malcolm Pollard collects non-personally identifiable information about your activities when you visit my website.
- a. Internet Protocol (IP) Address. A computer’s IP address establishes its location on the internet and allows other computers, such as those hosting malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites, to send it content and other information;
- b. The internet domain name when a computer accesses the internet through a domain, such as from a corporation (“xcompany.com”) or university (“yourschool.edu”);
- c. The date, time, and duration of a website visit;
- d. If a computer accesses a page on malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites via a link on another page, the URL of that referring, non-malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites page;
- e. Information about the computer set-up, such as the type and version of web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer 8.0, Mozilla Firefox 5.0), operating system (e.g., Unix, Mac OS, MS Windows), Java support (yes or no), Flash version (e.g., 10.1 r85), screen resolution (e.g., 1280×800), and connection speed (e.g., DSL, T1);
- f. The specific pages a computer accesses when it requests information from malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites; and
- g. The amount of data (measured in number of bytes) transmitted from malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites to a computer. Malcolm Pollard does not use this information to identify or track the browsing of individual users. I do use it to generate aggregate statistics about how malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites are used.
- h. Some pages on malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites may include web content or functionality from third parties, such as embedded videos hosted by non-malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites services. For example, content or functionality from the following third parties may be present on some malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites pages:
- i. YouTube.com;
- ii. Vimeo.com;
- iii. Flickr.com;
- iv. SlideShare;
- v. Scribd.com; and
- i. These third parties may use web measurement and customization technologies (such as cookies) in conjunction with the provision of this content or functionality. You should consult the privacy policies of these third parties for further information. I do not knowingly use third-party tools that place a multi-session cookie prior to the user interacting with the tool, for example by playing an embedded video.
How do you collect the information?
- Personally identifiable information is submitted by you into the forms on my websites.
- Malcolm Pollard uses a third-party analytics providers including but not limited to Google Analytics to analyse the data collected through the session and persistent metrics cookies to enhance the website, my services, and my advertising. The third-party analytics provider does not receive personally identifiable information through these cookies and does not combine, match, or cross-reference malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites information with any other information.
- Malcolm Pollard uses web measurement and customization technologies to make malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites function better for visitors and to better understand how the public is using the website. This means that when you visit a page on malcolmpollard.com or a partner site, the internet browser on your computer may download and save a small file (commonly called a “cookie”) so that my website can recognize your specific computer and browser when you use malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites in the future. These technologies fall into two categories, based on the length of time they remain active:
- a. Single-session cookies last only as long as a web browser is open. Once the browser is closed, the data files on your computer are deleted.
- b. Multi-session cookies last beyond a single session of browsing a website; this allows a website to recognize a computer or user for defined amount of time.
- malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites use the following web measurement and customization technologies
- a. Session cookies are used for technical purposes, such as enabling better navigation through the site, facilitating the use of user accounts, and generating aggregated statistics about how the website is used.
- b. Persistent cookies are used to recognize a computer that has previously visited malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites, which can improve a user’s experience, for example by continuing preference settings from previous visits. Malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites currently use the following first-party persistent cookies: When a visitor views a welcome, or ‘splash,’ page, also known as a “landing page” – malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites sets a persistent cookie to prevent them from seeing that page repeatedly. This cookie does not collect personal identifying information. Malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites sets other persistent cookies to measure website metrics, such as which pages are popular and how often people visit the website. These cookies do not collect personal identifying information.
How do you use the information?
Site activity information.
I keep track of the actions you take, such as the pages you visit, how long you visit, the links you click on, form submissions, and downloads.
Access Device and Browser Information.
When you access my site from a computer, mobile phone or other device, I may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
I use “cookies” (small pieces of data I store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make my site easier to use and to make my advertising better. For example, I use them to store your email address or login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to login whenever you come back to my site. I also use them to confirm when you reach certain pages on my website (like a download or checkout page). Cookies are used to tell me when you are interacting with my advertisements and to personalize the ads you see about me.
Malcolm Pollard maintains several lists of subscribers who have asked to receive periodic email updates. Any recipient of an Malcolm Pollard email may unsubscribe from future messages via a link at the bottom of each email message. I do not sell, rent, exchange, or otherwise disclose my list subscribers to persons or organizations outside malcolmpollard.com. Messages sent from Malcolm Pollard to email subscribers may include a tracking pixel to provide basic aggregate analytics such as the percentage of recipients who opened an email or clicked on a link in an email, the percentage of subscribers using various email clients, and the number of times an email was forwarded or printed. My email analytics providers also offer the capability to view some data, such as whether a mass email was opened, at an individual level for 30 days after an email was sent; as a matter of policy and practice this data is only viewed on an aggregate basis.
When you follow a link to an external site, you are leaving malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external site. Malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained in a linked site. I also do not endorse the organizations or individuals maintaining sites that I link, any views they express, or any products/services they offer.
Below is the current list of official Malcolm Pollard pages on third party websites.
- Facebook (Privacy)
- Twitter (Privacy)
- LinkedIn: (Privacy)
- Google : (Privacy)
- Quora: (Privacy)
- Tumblr: (Privacy)
- YouTube: (Privacy)
- Vimeo: (Privacy)
- iTunes: (Privacy)
- Pinterest: (Privacy)
- Instagram: (Privacy)
- SlideShare: (Privacy)
What control does the customer have over their personal information?
- You can unsubscribe from my email list by clicking the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of any email communication I send you. If you want me to remove all personal information – including name, email, mailing address please contact info[at]imsable.com with your request to delete your profile.
- You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use my site. Before blocking cookies – I highly recommend reading why cookies are good here:http://blog.hubspot.com/in-defense-of-tracking-cookies. http://lifehacker.com/5461114/fact-and-fiction-the-truth-about-browser-cookies.
- You may opt-out of the placement of cookies by many of these advertisers here.To opt-out of Facebook advertising visit – https://www.facebook.com/help/146952742043748To opt-out of Google advertising visit –https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en Google Analytics –https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ To opt-out of Perfect Audience advertising visit –http://ib.adnxs.com/optout
How do you protect the information?
- I take reasonable precautions to protect my site and information automatically collected by malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites or voluntarily submitted to malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites. For example, I restrict access to information collected by or submitted to malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites to employees who access it to perform their duties. Access to Malcolm Pollard accounts on third-party sites is limited to the staffs who administer those accounts.
- I also utilize commonly used practices and technical controls to protect this information, along with malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites itself. These practices and controls include, but are not limited to, encrypting the transfer of personal information over the Internet via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), using high-strength firewalls and intrusion detection systems (IDS) to safeguard personal information and maintaining strict technical controls and procedures to ensure the integrity of all data on malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites. I periodically review my processes and systems to verify compliance with industry best practices and ensure the highest level of security for my website.
- Children and Privacy on malcolmpollard.com and my partner sites I believe in the importance of protecting the privacy of children online and do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. My site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13. To notify me of my receipt of information by children under 13, please contact me at [email protected]
Updated: 1 January, 2017.